Advertisement

What does Virgo Rising Mean?

topic posted Sun, July 18, 2004 - 1:31 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Still trying to figure all the stars, moons, suns, etc. out!
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • your rising is marked by the daily transit of the sun from the east to the west. every 2 hours or so the sun passes through a new section of the zodiac.

if when you took your first breath and it passed through virgo, your rising is virgo.

rising represents your most outer apparent self. its what you project and show to others. this is what other ppl usually see first in you. its what is shown to them from your most outer surface. your rising does also effect a lot of your inner personality- it all depends on what other things are going on in the sign of your rising and in all the other signs (otherwise known as your first house and all the other houses repsectively)

virgo rising- organized, analytical, efficient and trustworthy. ppl will depend on you for things even though you may not be so responsible (it all depends on all the other planets etc). virgo rising need earth and nature to keep them healthy. your rising is what is on the outside, so it tells us what we need most. virgo is an earth sign and we need earth. especially me, bc most of my planets are in sag which is fire. i really need earth to be healthy.
    • Right, and as a Scorpio with a Virgo Rising, I am in constant need of nature--especially water. My home is filled with plants, pets, and, earthy tones. One of my hardest challenges has been to honor my scorpio passion, my leo moon love, and allow my virgo presentation to be at peace with these two extremes in my chart. With age though, it's-a-gettin'-better.
      • I am a scorpio sun as well, taurus moon and virog rising. the need for nature is apparent in my life. my room is filled with plants as well but my walls are painted orange and red, holy colors in Buddhism. I thought the fire and then the green of the plants
    • Thank you, ari moshe for that great explanation! I'm just now learning about moons and rising signs so this helps a lot.

I'm an Aquarian with Virgo rising and a Saggitarius moon. Not sure how all that fits together just yet tho...
    • Sorry ari moshe, this is not quite right.

The Sun takes a year to travel through each astronomical zodiac constellation (or sign), but does transit through each of the 12 houses in a day.
      I believe each of the houses is associated with a sign, and maybe this is what you meant?

The rising sign, is the zodiac sign that is coming over the horizon at the time you were born. You need to know the time and place you were born.
      Similarly you need to know the time/place of birth to know where each planet, Moon, and Sun, would be in the sky, and which house it would be in.
      Fortunately the planets, Sun, and Moon move through the sky very slowly (eg the Moon takes 29 days to traverse once around, or 2 days per zodiac constellation), so you know which zodiac sign they were, so not all is lost if you don't know the time you were born.

As to what they mean, ari, thank you. Also thanks to Mercury Vesta too.
  • Houses
    1st - The Ascendant. Your projected behavior, temperament, health, how you react to those around you, and your appearance. ARIES
    2nd - Your material side. Security, gains, losses, financial condition and your concern about these matters. TAURUS
    3rd - Your mental aptitudes, early childhood, everyday communication, your siblings, and early education. GEMINI
    4th - Domestic affairs and conditions, the nurturing parent, the home, and the family life. The end of life. CANCER
    5th - Love affairs, procreation, your children, creative expression, luck and speculation. LEO
    6th - The work environment, the employer and employees, the routine, health issues, hygiene. VIRGO
    7th - Marriage partner, business partners, contracts, joint endeavors. LIBRA
    8th - Attitude toward life/death, possessions of others, wills and legacies; sex and regeneration. SCORPIO
    9th - Religion, philosophy, publishing, higher learning, distant travel, foreign countries. SAGITTARIUS
    10th - Reputation, social status, fame or the lack of it, worldly standing, the other parent. CAPRICORN
    11th - (Attitude towards) Friends, clubs, organizations, associations, goals, hopes, and wishes AQUARIUS
    12th - The subconscious mind, hidden resources, hidden problems, social responsibility. PISCES
    (astrology-numerology.com)

Planets
    The Sun is the source of life for the solar system. It represents the conscious mind, will, ego, vitality, leadership, power, and authority. It rules important people, royalty, nobility, the head of state, the government and the father. It signifies expressions of confidence such as sports, the theater, and romance. It stands for our genuine, authentic self, and our ability to radiate and shine. It rules the fifth sign, Leo, and the fifth house. Its cycle is equivalent to the Earth's year.
    Key Words: powerful, dignified, natural leader, loves to be star

Planet Moon
    The Moon is the complement of the Sun, reflecting its light onto the Earth and governing its tides and cycles. Seen from Earth, the Sun and Moon are equal in size. The moon symbolizes our subconscious mind, habits, feelings, moods, instincts, reflections, and aspirations. It nurtures growth and protects life and represents fluctuation, the feminine and the common people and their needs. It rules the fourth sign, Cancer and the Fourth House. It orbits and Earth and the zodiac every twenty-eight days, and it completes one cycle between new moons every twenty-nine and one-half days.
    Key Words: sensitive, domestic nurturing, sentimental

Planet Mercury
    Mercury is the fastest planet and one of the smallest. It is closest to the Sun. Named for the messenger of the gods, Mercury is inventive, restless and curious. It stands for communication, media, thought, mobility, writing, and education. It is the symbol of youth, students, worker and civil servants. It rules the third sign, Gemini, the sixth sign, Virgo, and the Third and Sixth Houses. It orbits the Sun every eighty-eight days, over four times a year.
    Key Words: alert, inquisitive, inventive, logical

Planet Venus
    Venus is known as the loveliest and brightest planet. It is the Earth's closest neighbor toward the Sun, and represents our impulse to reflect, balance and evaluate. It brings love, peace, and harmony, and rules diplomacy, cooperation and strategy. It stands for beauty, nature, the arts, affection, social life, pleasure and happiness. It rules the second sign, Taurus, and the seventh sign, Libra, and the Second and Seventh Houses. It orbits the Sun every two hundred and twenty-five days.
    Key Words: gentle, lovable, unselfish, charming, companionable

Planet Mars
    Mars is the red planet. It is the first leading us outward toward the stars, representing our desire to venture outward. Mars is energetic, impulsive, and active. It stands for enterprise, adventure, enthusiasm, zeal, courage athletic and mechanical skill, and sexual desire. It brings war, violence, quarrels and accidents. It signifies machismo, the armed forces, pioneers and agitators. It rules the first sign, Aries, the eighth sign, Scorpio, and the First and Eighth Houses. Its period of revolution around the Sun lasts almost two years.
    Key Words: energetic, aggressive, decisive, innovative

Planet Jupiter
    Jupiter is the largest planet and turns on its axis the fastest. As the first of the huge, gaseous planets outward from the Sun, it presents expanding opportunities and widening horizons. It stands for wisdom, the higher mind, prophecy, organized religions, universities, law, ceremonies, and rituals. It establishes far-ranging connections between people and ideas. It is the planet of abundance, prosperity, generosity, joviality, fortune, optimism, finance, and world commerce, but it tends to excess, over-confidence, self-righteousness, and complaisance. It rules the ninth sign, Sagittarius, the twelfth sign, Pisces, and the Ninth and Twelfth Houses. It orbits the Sun in just under twelve years.
    Key Words: Optimistic, philosophical, jovial, liberal-minded

Planet Saturn
    Saturn is the ringed planet that encloses and encircles what is within its realm. It defines limits, form and structure. It represents caution, conservatism, realism, pessimism, orthodoxy and old age. It brings depression, poverty, stagnation, restriction and misfortune. It elicits depth of thought, ambition, perseverance, and the desire for status. It represent the State, the Establishment, politics, organization and civil authority. It institutes discipline and repression, imposes order, and establishes justice. It signifies miners, land owner, officials, and administrators. It represents the world and all its laws. It rules the tenth sign, Capricorn, the eleventh sign, Aquarius, and the Tenth and Eleventh Houses. Its orbit lasts twenty-nine and a half years.
    Key Words: methodical, patient, disciplined, dutiful

Planet Uranus
    Uranus is one of the three "modern planets." Its role is to free us from all conventional authorities and to drastically reform society along lines of truth and justice. It stands for our new awareness of individual freedom and liberty. It can bring quick, beneficial reforms or violent, disruptive, destructive events. It is associated with science and enlightenment, and seeks to base authority on knowledge which we discover for ourselves. Uranus is the planet of genius and constantly challenges us to look at things in a new way. It is sudden revelations and awakenings--the ruling planet of magicians, alchemists and astrologers. It rules capitalism, progress and the utopian expectations, and is one of the symbols of the "New Age." It is linked to Aquarius and the Eleventh House. Uranus revolves around the Sun once every eighty-four years.
    Key Words: scientific, impersonal, unusual aims, innovative groups

Planet Neptune
    Neptune is known as the planet of illusion. It stands for equality and the interests of collective society. It represents utopian social movements whose goal is to fairly distribute the world's resources. It symbolizes compassion, kindness, and the humanitarian concern. It rules hospitals, prisons, and bureaucracies. More than any other planet, its movements represent the destiny and consciousness of humanity as a whole. It is the symbol of everything intangible, mystical, imaginative, delicate and subtle. It is life unrestricted by ordinary limits and boundaries. Neptune also leads us into confusion, delusion and deception. It is the desire to escape from responsibility and to cleverly avoid facing reality. When fully expressed, Neptune is the beatific vision of universal, divine love and compassion for all beings. It is connected to the sign of Pisces and to the Twelfth House. Neptune revolves around the Sun once every one hundred and sixty-five years.
    Key Words: kindly, courteous, sensitive, intuitive, religious

Planet Pluto
    Pluto symbolizes the capacity to change totally and forever a person's lifestyle, thought and behavior. Pluto rules all the powerful forces of creation and destruction. Pluto is transcendental courage and guts. It gives us new life by forcing us to face death. It destroys to rebuild, and it kills the old self that we may be born anew. It charts the rise and fall of all civilizations and power structures. It rules groups, syndicates and all who pool their resources to boost their power. It can release wealth and opportunity never before dreamed of. It is sexuality and fertility, and represents the secrets of biology and the mysteries of creation. Pluto is linked to the sign of Scorpio and the Eighth House. Pluto revolves around the sun once every two hundred and forty-eight years.
    Key Words: power to create and to destroy
    (astrostarcharts.com/)

Chiron symbolizes wisdom, patience and the faculty to reduce others' sufferings : it is said to be the "great healer" of the zodiac. Like all the secondary bodies, it must be in close conjunction with planets or angles in order to fully express its action.
    (astrotheme.fr/en)

Here's a little starter guide for you!

Also see astrology-numerology.com/glossary.html for a glossary & don't forget to study the Planet aspects.
  • Unsu...

As a Cancerian, Virgo rising helps me stay grounded. When emotions start to overflow (which they do all too easlily for the crab) I use my Virgo and ... I know it sounds funny but, organize, organize, organize. It keeps my mind occupied and keeps me busy. I have something to be satisfied with when I am done with a project. And I have nurtured myself by finishing it. My Virgo also keeps me soft when the crab wants to snap. But I think that it also contributes to my constant worry also. Good thing it is the year of the Pig! A little indulgence migth make some worries melt away?? hehe
    • This post was deleted by ari moshe
    • Yes, my post was very untrue! Welcome to the shadow of a stellium of Sag at the bottom of the chart! At least the post was an old one- and my current tendency to exaggerate and make things up are less unconscious.
      • Oh god yeah! that was July 2004 for heavens sake! I am humbly embarrassed
        • I believe that virgo rising represents ppl who are self-focused in a service orientated health related way, I think these ppl can survive through harder times than some, they are economical crafty, and like to get a bargin, they are environmentally conscious, and probably interested in medical plants, Being both related to health and being an earth sign, they are practical detail orientated individuals, who need to engage their minds in a project where they are useful and can see their efforts, they are quite lively and can deal with the dark side of life particularly the metal realm, they could be good in dealing in health industries including intellectual ones.

Recent topics in "virgo rising"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Pisces sun, Pisces Moon, Virgo Rising Genesis 0 February 26, 2013
Pisces sun, Virgo rising Unsubscribed 25 November 21, 2012
beautiful people Unsubscribed 39 May 18, 2011
Can you guess my sign? Shhh... 0 April 23, 2011